Pets currently looking for a home!
||Please check out TARS
on Facebook for recent activities and
||Follow us on Twitter and see what others are saying.
Subscribe to our monthly adoption newsletter! It features all our available dogs, cats and other big and small animals!
Just email 'Subscribe' to email@example.com
The Animal Rehoming Service Inc. (TARS)
is a Melbourne based registered charity which has found loving,
permanent homes for over 1000 animals of every description, since
it was established in 2000 by Michaela Newell.
OUR CHARTER IS:
- To act as a contact and liaison point between people who want
to rehome their animals and people who wish to adopt them.
- To facilitate the provision of care and accommodation to genuinely
homeless animals, by providing enriching foster homes, when available,
whilst finding them suitable permanent homes.
- To provide veterinary care for homeless animals, if required,
prior to placement in a suitable permanent home. All animals are
desexed prior to rehoming, to curb the exponential growth of unwanted
animals in Victoria. When necessary, smaller vet expenses such
as desexing and vaccinations are covered by the new owner, but
larger vet fees are paid for via fundraising.
- To provide ongoing support and advice to those adopting, for
the life of their new pet.
WHOS ON OUR BOARD?
- Andrena Matthews (Secretary): Currently employed
in the Health Sector. Her family includes two rescue dogs,
Dom the West Highland Terrier and Max the Maltese X.
- Felicity Stoward (Treasurer): Provides Accounting services
to the Australian Film & Television Industry.
Her family includes Mitakhi the Malamute, a rescue dog.
- Sue Foley (Marketing/PR): Bendigo Bank Manager.
Rotarian and singer with Celtic trio Bhán Tré.
Her family includes Darce, a rescued Labrador X Spaniel.
- Andrea Butler (Committee Member): Victoria Police
Officer for 13 years. Her family includes Jack and Ivy,
two rescued West Highland Terriers.
A PET REHOMING
FOSTERING A PET
DONATIONS & BEQUESTS
© The Animal Rehoming Service
Inc. All Rights Reserved. ABN 51 275 837 567